Are you meeting your health and nutrition goals?
If you answer no to this question, you may want to start tracking your food intake to understand if you’re on the right track or not.
What is food tracking anyway? It’s the idea of tracking your food through an app or food journal.
Food tracking is a powerful and insightful tool you can use to have more of an idea of the quality and quantity of the food you’re eating. It’s excellent for creating a starting point in your nutrition journey, showing areas of improvement, and documenting your progress overtime.
In this article, I’ll share with you the 5 benefits of food tracking and what tool you can use to start tracking the food you eat on a daily basis.
- Increased mindfulness. When you track your meals (especially through taking pictures), you’ll start to be more aware of the quality and quantity of food you’re eating. It’ll help you practice mindful eating. If you can track your hunger and fullness levels (using numerical values on a hunger scale) that’s even better! You’ll start to be more in tune with how your body feels.
- Improved habits. Once you start documenting your journey, you’ll have a clearer understanding of what went right, and what went wrong. Having a visual food diary will allow you to start creating better eating habits so you can see continuous progress and improvement in your habits. The more you develop positive eating habits, the more you can sustain eating healthy for the long-term.
- Accountability. Whether you’re food tracking on your own, or using our nutrition coaching app, Nourish by Believe Nutrition, you’ll start to be more accountable with your food choices and decisions. The simple act of having to track your food will allow you to make healthier food choices and decisions. If you’re working with an online nutrition coach, the fact that he/she is reviewing your daily logs holds you even more accountable, which automatically makes you eat better because you know someone is watching!
- More flexibility. When you track your food, it empowers you to make better choices and decisions. It will give you the control and flexibility to include (or not include) certain foods within your diet. The feeling of control doesn’t impose any feelings of restriction or limitation. It allows you to live your life with freedom and flexibility. There’s no better feeling than being in the driver’s seat!
- Helps you reach your goals. Once you know what and how much you’re eating, it allows you to make continuous improvements to ultimately reach your health and nutrition goals. Food tracking will help you make informed decisions, rather than making random guesses about what you should or shouldn’t do.
Tracking may seem daunting at first, but it gets easier over time. The more you track, the easier it gets. It’s a learning curve. Once you start understanding your needs and goals, you’ll make better decisions with time. Eventually, this will allow you to achieve your health goals and see life-long changes to your health and nutrition.
Looking to track your food and get personalized feedback and advice? With one of our online personal nutrition coaches, you will stay motivated and be held accountable to achieve your goals. We approach nutrition and weight loss in a holistic, non-dieting way via our nutrition coaching app.
Start your 7 day free trial today and work with the best nutritionists in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the rest of the GCC region!
Our approach is based on helping you lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle through building better eating habits. It’s not a restrictive diet, nor a calorie counter. It’s personalized and holistic coaching to allow you to feel your best self! Share photos of what you eat, track your emotions, sleep, exercise and hydration, and then receive personalized feedback and advice (without judgement!) on a daily basis.
Start your 7-day free trial! Check out our plans here: https://believenutrition.net/plans/
The app is available on both iOS and Android.